The Underground City of OsówkaThe facility of war built under the codename Riese by the Third Reich.
The facility of war, built under the codename Riese in the Owl Mountains by the Third Reich in the years of 1943-1945. For a short time they made almost 2 km of underground corridors, halls and sidewalks. You can see guardhouses, technical corridor and an enormous, 10 m high hall and many buildings on the ground. According to one hypothesis, after completing the Germans planned to deploy here researchers working on wunderwafe and a prototype of the atomic bomb. Others say that “the gold train” and lorries with gold of Wroclaw had been hidden somewhere around.
- All-season restaurant.
Historical route – sightseeing with a guide of 1200m underground corridors, halls and excavations from 1945. Extreme route – sightseeing the underworld with a guide + crossing by landing boat and exploring the corridors of treasure hunters.
Open daily, opening hrs. 10.00 am – 5.00 pm.
- the historical route: from 10.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., without reservation.
- the extreme route: 9.00 a.m., 5.15 p.m., reservation required.
Tickets for the historical route:
- normal – PLN 25,
- reduced – PLN 21.
Ticket for the extreme route – PLN 30.
- 60 mins. (the historic route)
- 70 mins. (the extreme route).